Insights School Skills and Academy
We received a call during the school summer holidays from the vice principal. The opportunity of a teambuilding event, welcoming new staff to the school had arisen but it would need to be organised and booked for early September before the academic year starts. Something in London so not too far to travel, something light hearted that felt like fun but would get new staff interacting, a “non stuffy” ice breaker as it was put.
- Very tight budget
- At least half day with lunch
- Something in central London
- 35 people but something flexible to increase or decrease
- Something fun, informal but acts as an icebreaker but appears to be a treat/reward too
- Interactive murder mystery on the Thames
- The venue: We chartered the beautiful Edwardian, a lovely boat with a bar, dining area and open top. Tower Bridge Pier easily accessible and the chance to pick up staff at other piers if they are struggling to get across the city
- The theme: having spoken to the client and asking about the various personalities of staff and the notes on new staff starting, we conjured up our lively 70’s interactive murder mystery, ‘Murder on the Dance Floor’. Our talented professional actors star in the show but the difference with our shows are that you join in! Hilarious, with a great script, props, wigs and plenty of competition, let alone dancing ensure a great time is had by all!
- Delicious BBQ lunch by the in house caterers and a couple of cheeky glasses of wine
- A great finale of prize giving and Oscars for best actor and most dramatic concluded a fun 4 hour charter on the Thames, taking in some famous landmarks and having Tower Bridge raised for us too!
What They Said:
“Thank you so much for the excellent day all the staff enjoyed the murder mystery and also the fun and hospitality you and your team provided. As you know we had a number of new staff and It has help us bond as a team. Also thank you for the last minute arrangements and the bubbly we look forward to working with you all again.”
Barbara Quartey CHIEF EXECUTIVE & PRINCIPAL INSIGHTS SCHOOL & SKILLS ACADEMY
“I just wanted to say Thank you to you and the team for making our day really special. We all had a great time and have come away with fond memories and a stronger team! We plan something every September so if you think of anything exciting and different for us for next year, please do let us know. Thank you again.”
VICE PRINCIPAL INSIGHTS SCHOOL & SKILLS ACADEMY